There is a less destructive and more amenable site only 200m away. I am creating a petition for the developer Visionstream Pty Ltd, Palmerston City Council and the NT government to stop planning this for this site and to use the other site or other contingencies.
Petition Link, Please support this, your help is most greatly appreciated.
- It doesn't make sense that time, effort and finances go into establishing a 'Sanctuary Lakes', only to have the amenability of it ruined by a structure right next to it?
- It is only 64m from the closest resident.
- There is a more 'INDUSTRIALLY SUITED SITE' only 200m away and a lot of vacant land either further away.
- It will involve the clearing of woodland which is a very nice area to birdwatch and walk through or past.
- Symbiotic Ecosystem: Woodland is bounded by small creek and drainage from Lakes, a monsoonal thicket/rain-forest and a wetland. Albeit that these environments are an essentially new recovery from fires, clearing etc, it is a relative Hotspot in an Urban environment.
- Great birdlife, Rufous Owl and Black Bittern observed. Over 50 other common species, reside or utilise this area in their lifetime, eg Bar-breasted Honeyeater nesting.
- This is one of the only remaining Green-belt areas left in Palmerston, and most certainly the only one in 'Urban Central' suitable for Rufous Owls and Black Bitterns.
- 10 years ago nearby residents were informed by developer 'DELFIN HOMES' that this area was a Green-belt, never to be developed. Based on this, at least one family that I know chose to build on their current site (64m away from this proposal).
- It is wrong that we accept the unplanned requests of Corporate and Industrial entities wanting to develop without question. Especially if the decision has been made only as an easy option.